Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fathers Day -

A little late to wish my DAD a happy fathers day but none the less.....

I have THE MOST AMAZING DAD IN THE WORLD. I know most people will say this about their father but sorry to all else......... yours doesn't compare to Bob.
Where do I even start??? My dad is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met. I have watched him throughout my life do the most amazing things for other people.. It used to make my mother upset when he would do so many things for people in the neighborhood or friends from work.. Always helping others.... Always.. He is the epitome of "Love your neighbor as yourself"..
As for what he has done for me.. Words have no meaning for all he has taught me and done for me. He has taught me the value of hard work through all the temper tantrums of not wanting to go to Midway each weekend to work in the fields. I am sure there were times when he would make up chores for us to do. Why was it that I picked up piles of wood or rocks and carried them to the other side of the field only to seemingly carry them back to their original place the next year?? He taught me how to love, taught me the importance of loving others without judgement, he taught me through examples in his every day life. You can always see to a mans soul through his true character.. I know my fathers character and I can tell you that he is one of Gods prized souls here on earth.
I have not been the perfect child to this next to perfect man.. and even through it all, you have loved me and supported me. I cant thank you enough. If I can be a tenth of the person you are I will consider myself a great success.
I love you Dad.

3 comments:

Amy said...

(tear) that was so well put! He is an amazing man for sure!

Oh and by the way, those weren't rocks we were moving, I think most of them were cow pies. It was called fertilizing. LOL

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Nicely done.

Rick and T said...

Thanks for that tribute! I enjoyed reading it. You are the best man, father,brother and son i know! I love how you balance it all and don't just get caught up in work alone. I love your blog and your funny outlook. You crack me up!