Each Tuesday, my sister Amy somehow chooses a topic of the week and writes about her memory of the subject. Today she has asked each of our siblings to write about their memory. The topic that she chose was:
"Was there any place in your house that scared you? Any place where you felt especially cozy?"
The only place that I remember being scary at all was the basement in our house. It was more of a storage area where we kept food storage, holiday decorations and odds and ends. The steps to the basement entered from the back yard and were cement. There were always spider webs in the corners of the stairs and I remember being scared of the spiders. There was also a part of the basement that had a little door going into the crawl space under the house. This door was about three feet tall and about three feet wide. Lynn would always tell me that trolls lived behind the door and to NEVER open the door.
The most cozy place in the house for me had to be in my bedroom laying in front of the heater vent. I remember laying by the heater each day during the winter, especially at night. My mother would always turn down the heat as low as it would go in the winter to save energy and keep our heating bill down. I would sneak down the hall, past their room, turn up the thermostat and sneak back to my room to lay in front of the heater vent with my blanket. My mom would find me laying on the floor by my bedroom door almost every morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love it! How funny that we both loved the heating vent and hated the basement. I never knew trolls lived down there though, AMAZING! LOL
Scaredy Cat! I always knew you were yella'!
i remember mom always being annoyed that someone turned up the heat. IT WAS YOU! My best memories were in the hall. I miss that good old house and the smell of mom. We had a great life!
Post a Comment