The sign in the picture above is the sign in question. Exit 135 near Cove fort advertises a Rest Stop. There are also signs in Filmore and Nephi that I have noticed similar to this.
In taking a closer look at this sign you can see the logo that the state seems to have adopted.

The logo that is being used is a building with a rainbow background. Two things come to question here.... First, somehow the gay community (insert here: "not that there is anything wrong with gay people") has claimed unofficial ownership of the rainbow representing "gay pride". Sorry Hawaii.... If you ever see someone wearing a rainbow bracelet, ring or has a sticker on the rear window of their car, then chances are they are displaying their relationship preference.
Second, it is widely known that rest stops are a meeting place for promiscuous activities among males. Previous Sen. Larry Craig from Idaho might be seen frequenting a rest stop. The rest stop that used to be in American Fork was widely known for this kind of activity and most knew not to accidentally flash the brights on your car unless you were looking for a more than friendly encounter as this was a sign that you were not there looking to use the restroom.
A third indication came to mind that I didnt include but I think its worth throwing in here... Typically license plates, printing and signs are made at the state prison.... Could it be that the design committee is housed in the prison with inmates part of this committee? I know it might be a long shot but.........
Because of these two relatively known/unknown correlations... My guess is someone slipped a fast one past the sign review committee at UDOT.
(I cant wait to see what google ads will come up with for this on the sidebar)

3 comments:
You mean Rest Stops aren't for resting and going potty? And how may I ask do you know so much about rest stops?
It was pretty widely known about that rest stop in AF. I found out about it as a couple friends and I were driving down I-15 and someone said to pull off at the rest stop so they could use the bathroom and a couple people in the car said to keep driving and had heard stories about it. Later I heard how a big prostitution ring was busted at that rest stop and caused them to shut it down..
you know a little to much about rainbows!
i will forward this to my friend he owns the company that makes some of the signs!!!
Post a Comment