
Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O Mine, Mr. Brownstone, Night Train, Paradise city...
Play any of these songs for someone that grew up in the 80's and I can assure you will see their eyes glaze over as they have a little flashback of what they were doing while listening to the song.. I saw them in concert 4 times and each was a great show (one of which Axl had a break down an hour into the show and left).
Guns -n- Roses, Appetite for Destruction will forever go down as one of the top 50 albums of all time. The public has long awaited a new album from GnR. The band broke up in 1997. Axl got a new group of musicians together and started recording Chinese Democracy in 1999. Every year since 2001, Axel would tell fans that the album would be released during the year. 9 years in the making and Chinese Democracy will be released this weekend (despite the album being leaked over the internet 2 years ago. How could they not expect it to leak when it took so long to release).
Dr. Pepper was so confident that the album would not be released during 2008 after word from Axl, that they promised to offer free Dr. Pepper to everyone in America if it actually happened. On Sunday you can download and print a coupon from drpepper.com. Take advantage of this and a personal word of advice not to buy Chinese Democracy. It is not good at all. You can listen to the whole album on myspace before you decide to support Axl Rose.

5 comments:
That Album reminds me of BYU Dorms my freshman year 1988.
cool i'm going to get my free dr p
I have been listening to this on Napster. I would call this the Microsoft Vista of the rock world; many years and many millions later and we are left saying, "this is it?"
Mostly I found the songs forgettable and had a weird laid back SoCal vibe combined with some industrial sounds.
By the way, the GnR show I saw with Kent and Eran goes down in my mind as one of the best ever, and Axl stayed for the whole show.
I tried to get my free Dr. Pepper and was disappointed, but not surprised, when the website was "over loaded". Good luck in the law suit Axl!
yea.. I tried to get it also and either their server couldn't handle the traffic or other problems. Intentional or not?
Post a Comment