Monday, August 18, 2008

Return With Honor

Today was a busy morning. First the girls started their first day of second grade. They were both really excited to start school. I think they both have really good teachers and will do very good this year. I am so proud of both girls as each year they are at the top of their class and their teachers have great things to say about them.




After that I drove to the airport to send my dad off on a mission. I am so proud of him for making such a tough and life changing decision.. Life changing maybe, but tough???? That I dont know. They were called to the Hawaii mission, Polynesian Culture Center. My dad will be working on the HVAC systems and doing general maintenance while Vicki will be starting a safety and first aid program. It was fun seeing them off and telling them what most parents would tell their 19 year old when they leave... Do good, have fun, make us proud, write each week and follow the mission rules. Amy then yells out "Return With Honor". The perfect send off....

2 comments:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

The girls are so cute...as usual!

Congrats to Bob and Vicki. There are definitely worse places to be called.

Unknown said...

Wow, I didn´t know they went on a mission. Good for them. My parent´s two missions were awesome experiences. I miss Bob... what a great guy.