
My Love/Hate (mostly HATE) relationship with Toyshare has finally come to an end. Joining toyshare was a big financial mistake. The concept is great in that you don't have to purchase, store, license a wide variety of toys but have so called access to them. Access to them is the key point. I had a horrible time getting access to things when I wanted them. I understand not being able to get equipment on occasion because others have them booked but on a regular basis was normal. 9 out of 10 times I would call, the equipment would be in use. They had a huge problem of having enough in stock to satisfy the members. Last year they had 15 boats to share between the 450 members. Not a good ratio. There are many dissatisfied members that have had the same experience that I have had. Here and Here.
I warn anyone that might be enticed by toyshare NOT to join. While I was sitting in their office this week for an hour waiting to complete my paperwork to cancel, I heard the reservation girl take 8 calls and not one person reserved any equipment because it was being used. They also had 2 occasions where the warehouse guys didn't have the equipment that was reserved for the members coming in for that day. Tell any and all not to make the mistake of joining toyshare.

1 comment:
Kent! Whatta wonderful concept, and lousey experience! How much did you pay for no access?
Post a Comment