Friday, February 22, 2008

Stolen Car/youtube friday



Farmer's Insurance commercial on what its like to have your car stolen.

I can relate to this as I am currently without a car because it was stolen this week. The commercial does a good job in showing some emotions that you go through when your car is stolen. My experience was not exaclty like this although an old woman did laugh at me.
I was at work wednesday afternoon and was just on my way out to an appointment. I walked out the office door and a fellow employee just pulled his car into a parking spot. A spot that I had parked in earlier that day and had seen my car there about an hour before. I just stood there in disbelief. It was so surreal standing there processing what was going on. Had I parked somewhere else and forgot? Who in the building was playing a joke on me? I checked my pockets for my keys and they were there. The fellow employee walked towards me and asked what was wrong. I told him that my car was parked in the spot that he had just parked in. "Sorry Dude" is all i got out of him. So that day I was pretty mad wondering who it was that took my car and the nerve of someone to do that. I felt so violated. How could they just take my car. The next day I wasnt just upset, I was pissed. Each day getting more pissed off.
The kicker..... In December the camry that i was driving finally died on me and I was fortunate enough to have my good friend Ryan sell me his 96 Accord. Although this was an older car with many miles i avoided a car payment. As i felt the value of the car was quite minimal, i opted to save the $400 per year that full coverage would have cost me and i took liabiity. Bad move. I am sure my car is in Kearns right now void of its tires, radio, airbags, dash, seats and my personal belongings.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Welcome to the club!! Don't be too upset that you didn't have full coverage, even with that your still screwed. They make you wait 30 days to see if it is found. I hope the cops find those jerks!

Rick and T said...

you make me laugh every friday. sorry it's at your expense today. i cried when you said your car is probably in kearns oh my hell! funny i told the guys and work that your car got stolen and one of the guys said "is it a honda." i guess honda's are the hot car to steal. shane just bought a honda and it has a alarm on it. now i know why. those little C**K S&@*$#S!

Kent said...

Well, get this. Today (friday) the police called me to "verify some information" before they listed it as stolen. So, I had great trust the SLPD was even passively looking for my car for the past two days.. Nope. I will be lucky if they list it stolen in their system by the first of next week.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Sorry dude! I know how you feel. I had a brand new Honda Accord stolen and a used Honda Accord stolen. Both white. I found an article the week after the second Accord was stolen that said the number 1 make model and color of stolen cars....White Honda Accord. You feel totally violated. Like you said, utter disbelief. Sorry. I feel bad for you. If you need a ride somewhere, let me know.

We still need to get together with you guys. Give me a call, maybe we can go to dinner and drive around Kearns afterwards to look for your car.

eran said...

I too loved the Kearns comment. While just barely out of Kearns my work has a field next to it that is a dropping off point for stolen cars. In the 3 years I have been here over 100 cars have been pulled out of the field.