Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween at work delima

Halloween is always an exciting time when you are a kid. I mean dressing up in your favorite costume that you have been planning since the year before and filling up your pillowcase full of candy. Most any kids dream.
I got asked the other day what i was wearing to work for Halloween. Me, wearing to work? Maybe I am the scrooge of Halloween. I never consider wearing a costume to work on Halloween as i guess i am too cynical. Maybe the people that do wear costumes are much more confident than i am. Actually I don't think that's the case. I am just not a Halloween dress up kind of guy.
I work in a classic office environment where i know many in the building are going to dress up. I can almost guess who is going to wear what to work. I bet on 1 dog, 2 cats/kittens, a devil, and of course a Star Wars character. Halloween was created for Star Wars fanatics. There are the occasional great costumes that are actually funny. I just cant bring myself to get into it.

4 comments:

Amy said...

When I worked at NuSkin it was a HUGE deal. Half the day was dedicated to a halloween contest.
I could never get into it, I thought everyone looked ridiculous

eran said...

KEnt you are not alone in your halloween scroogeness. I too hate to dress up and certainly not to go to work.

Michelle and Nick said...

I just found your blog and have been enjoying it. However, I do remember a year that you were more then happy "running" around Tony's....

Kent said...

You are right Michelle. I had forgotten about that. The fall after Forrest Gump came out.