A week before Christmas and all the decorations are coming out. I mean I guess it is time but it just doesn't seem like the end of November yet. Which bring us to buying Christmas presents. My wife is on a kick to buy Christmas presents already, while I guess I am the ultimate procrastinator, I would wait until December 23 before I started looking. I have three kids - two girls, ages 4 yrs and 4 yrs., respectively, and a one year old son. So my wife tells me that I should start thinking what to get our oldest. Being money conscious (or a tight ass as my wife calls it) I contemplate the right toys that will get the most play and use out of them. This is much like betting on sports - nothing is a sure thing. You can buy your kid the coolest toy of year and they end up playing with the box instead of the toy for the next week.
So I feel it breaks down to two different categories for buying your kids toys for Christmas.
1- The WOW factor: These are the toys that your kids completely freak out about when they see the commercial on TV. (I know, they freak out about every commercial that comes on with a finger pointing wildly in the air, "I want that from Santa".) These are the toys that when they come running into the room and dive on the floor holding it like an Ethiopian to a T-Bone stake.
2- The useful toys: These are the toys that they will actually use and be playing with a month or more after Christmas. These are the toys that keep me awake at night trying to figure out what to buy.
In the end I end up buying the most lame toy (video here) made that year.
Damn kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment