Two months ago I came down with the regular flu... It knocked me on my butt for four days... I mean sore, extremely achy muscles, high fever, and every unmentionable that comes along with the flu. I remember reading a headline just after this that talked about deaths from the regular flu each year. Lets put the regular flu and the swine flu into perspective:
Swine flu:
Regular flu: from January 1 - April 18th, there has been 13,000 deaths. That's over 800 deaths per WEEK. The regular flu kills on average 36,000 people per year.
While we should be cautious of the swine flu, I don't think the panic the world is feeling should be so widely spread. Now Obama is seeking 1.5 billion dollars to fight the swine flu. This after he proudly gave his cabinet 90 days to cut $100 million a year from the federal budget. That's a meager .002% of the budget. That is literal pocket change for the federal government that they should be able to cut within seconds.
I wonder if Obama has money set aside in case of emergency that it might rain in Death Valley. I am sure he can argue the case that somehow it might endanger our country.


2 comments:
ha ha and thank you for putting it into perspective! my school sent out an alert to scare the crap out of everyone! it worked
Love it, Kent. Glad to hear you didn't die from either flu.
Post a Comment