Today Janie and I went on one of our day dates. She has been wanting to see Sex and the City for the past two months. I have told her from the first time we saw the previews that I would go see this with her. So today was the big day. In the past couple years I have caught five minutes here and there of the show on HBO and more recently on TBS. The show usually bugs the crap out of me as whats her name is dating Big, breaking up with Big, back together, break up back together. I cant stand how they try to interject their zany sense of fashion and the outfits she wears on the show.. The 4 ladies on the show are usually so obnoxious and whiny and its hard for me to watch. As you can guess I was not really excited to see this movie. Just happy to be spending time with my wife and doing something that she has been so excited to see (Hi Honey!)...
We get there and with my treats in hand to get me through the movie, we sit down and I scan the theatre... About 20 other women there.... No men.. Oh boy, not starting out good.. One other man did finally enter the theatre.. a 99 year old man hobbling in with his walker and his wife holding on so she would not fall..... Real Sex and the City fans.. Dreading the movie as it starts... it actually isn't that bad.. Further into the movie and still not that bad.. Walking out of the movie.. I am almost embarrassed to admit that it was actually a good movie. Good story line and some pretty clever writing.. With all the other crap that Hollywood has been putting out this was actually a "good" movie.
Janie is typing on her blog right now and I am sure it might tell a completely different story..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
yay! You did like it! Thanks for taking me....I love you so much!
I can't fault you for going...any good husband would, but to like it...I look at you totally different now.
Q.... Listen.. I didnt say I liked it.. Just that it was "good".. Cant we still be friends??
You've Changed!!!!
But nice support of the Wife... Good Job...
Oh boy. Here they come..
Be nice to kenty poo! You didn't like their outfits, right? Please tell me you didn't!
Kent, I got a "free pass" on this one.. I offered more than once to go with Heidi.. but she gave me the free pass to skip this one. I just don't know what to say though...
"I am almost embarrassed to admit that it was actually a good movie."
Whats next? sigh... I think its time for a guys night out Kent.. Maybe Ironman.. (not Indy Jones... LAME!!), perhaps the incredible Hulk. or the new batman thats coming out. Maybe a night watching the NBA finals, or going to a baseball game.
Come back over to this side Kent.. We wont judge you anymore... well maybe a little...
Jeremy
Post a Comment