Friday, January 04, 2008

Handwritten Recipes from the Kitchen of Joan Remund

Each year for Christmas I try to make something to give as Christmas presents. This year I decided to take my mom's recipes that she had collected through her life and put them into a book that I could give to my family. I scanned in all of her recipes and put them in order by category. It was fun to put together and to read all of her little comments to herself on most recipes. It evolved into something much better than my initial idea. I used Cafepress to print the book as they allow you to upload all the information and allow you to purchase as little as 1 book. I was very happy with Cafepress and the quality of the final product. It turned out as good or better than I had hoped for (except for the mistakes I made and am now noticing. Where was my proof reader).




If anyone wants to order any extra copies you can get them HERE

2 comments:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

That is a great idea, Kent. I am sure she is happy you took the time to do that.

Remund Clan said...

We sure appreciate our book. It is really fun to have. What a neat idea. We still use our last homeade gift, the marble run! Lisa and Lynn